Kingwood Medical Center’s exceptional group of volunteers is actively involved in supporting hospital services provided to patients, families, visitors and staff. Our volunteer program provides an opportunity to serve, grow, learn, make new friends, exchange ideas and feel needed. The unique talents and skills of our volunteers are shared in many areas of the hospital.
In addition to adult volunteers, we also host a Junior Volunteer Program each summer for high school and college age students. Completed applications can be submitted from March 24 through April 15 each year for participation in the upcoming summer’s program, which begins June 9 and ends August 15.
How do I become a Volunteer?
If you would like to make a difference by volunteering at Kingwood Medical Center, please download and complete the appropriate application below.
Completed forms may be faxed to 281-348-8349, attention: Jim Wall.
Are there any benefits?
- Meeting new people
- Contributing to your community
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Bringing joy to our patients and visitors
- Free meal per four-hour shift
- Annual volunteer holiday celebration
In what areas do Volunteers work?
- Information Desks
- Cath Lab
- Waiting Rooms
- Food & Nutrition
- Human Resources
- Medical Records
- Complete application
- Participate in interview process
- Show a valid photo ID
- Pass a background check, drug screening and 2-part TB skin test
- Attend orientation & tour the hospital
- Wear designated uniform & badge during your shift
- **Volunteers are asked to commit to serving 4 hours per week for a minimum of one full year