The exceptional volunteers at Kingwood Medical Center share their unique talents in many areas of the hospital. Volunteers are actively involved in supporting hospital services provided to patients, families, visitors and staff. Our volunteer program provides an opportunity to serve, grow, learn, make new friends, exchange ideas and feel needed.
**Volunteers are asked to commit 4 hours per week for a minimum of one full year.
Youth Summer Program
Each summer, we also host a Junior Volunteer Program for high school and college-age students. Completed applications can be submitted from March 24 through May 1 to the hospital’s Radiology Department each year for participation in the upcoming summer’s program, which begins June 15 and ends August 7.
Becoming a Volunteer
To make a difference by volunteering at Kingwood Medical Center, please download and complete an application.
- Adult application
- Summer 2016 Junior Program application
- Summer 2016 Junior Program student background consent form
Completed forms may be faxed to 281-348-8349, attention: Jim Wall.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Meet new people
- Serve your community
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Bring joy to our patients and visitors
- Free meal per four-hour shift
- Annual volunteer holiday celebration
- Information Desks
- Catheter Lab
- Waiting Rooms
- Food & Nutrition
- Human Resources
- Medical Records
- Complete application
- Participate in interview process
- Show a valid photo ID
- Pass a background check, drug screening and 2-part TB skin test
- Attend orientation & tour the hospital
- Wear designated uniform & badge during your shift
- Commit to serving 4 hours a week for at least one year