Proud to be an HCA Hospital
Kingwood Medical Center is an HCA Hospital, bringing the expertise and resources of one of the nation’s first hospital companies to serve our communities. Each year, HCA invests about $1.5 billion in its hospitals, bringing in the latest technologies and keeping facilities and services up to date.
At Kingwood, HCA support allowed us to build a new three-story Women and Children's Center, an $80 million, 155,400 square-foot expansion, providing a modern, healing environment close to home. In addition to new construction, the project also features renovations to other areas of the facility, including the relocation and expansion of Admitting and Administration departments, the development of a corridor connecting the North and South Towers, the expansion and remodeling of the cafeteria, and the development of a new central energy plant.
HCA core values of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion fit right into Kingwood’s “Patient-first” culture. Our affiliation with HCA allows us to bring world-class medical care and health services into the northeast Houston neighborhoods we serve.
Throughout the years, the hospital’s high standards of service have been recognized both internally and by third party endorsements with numerous awards and accreditations, including:
- Joint Commission Hospital Accreditation
- DNV Certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center as designated by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite
- American Heart Association's 2015 Mission: Lifeline® Bronze-Plus Quality Achievement Award
- American Diabetes Association Recognized Education Program
- American College of Radiology – Ultrasound, MRI, , Nuclear Medicine and Cat Scan Accreditation
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine – Sleep Center of Excellence
- College of American Pathologists Laboratory Accreditation
- Texas Department of State Health Services - Mammography Accreditation
- Texas Department of State Health Services Texas Ten Step Program Designation for Maternity Care Practices
- Texas Department of State Health Services Distinguished Certification – Newborn Hearing Screening
- American Heart Association Gold Fit Friendly Company Recognition
- LifeGift Organ Donation Silver Medal of Honor
- Level I Stroke Center Designation by Texas Department of State Health Services
Hospital Affiliation Letters for Medical Center Staff
Kingwood Medical Center is committed to the care and improvement of human life by striving to deliver high-quality, cost-effective healthcare services to our community.
Outside organizations can quickly and easily request the verification of physicians in good standing at an HCA facility. The requesting organization may self generate and print a verification letter.