Kingwood Medical Center provides cardiologists with the latest technologies and diagnostic equipment so they can quickly diagnose heart problems and customize a treatment plan for their patients.
Electrophysiology (EP Studies)
We have the area’s first Cardiac Electrophysiology (EP) program. Electrophysiology is the study of rhythm disorders of the heart (abnormal heartbeats or arrhythmias).
EP studies are performed to see how well the electrical pathways within the heart muscle are working and to detect abnormal heart rhythms. These studies help physicians evaluate abnormal electrocardiograms (EKG), detect complex arrhythmias, evaluate future risk of developing arrhythmias and design the best treatment plan for each patient.
Non-Invasive Echo-Vascular Lab
Vascular and Echo lab services at Kingwood Medical Center include:
- Echocardiograms (adult and pediatric)
- Peripheral vascular and arterial ultrasound
- Waveform analysis
- Transesophageal Echo
- Venous mapping
- Carotid flow evaluation
Pulmonary Diagnostics and Stress Testing
This department provides care and diagnosis to inpatients and outpatients, including:
- Evaluation of cardiopulmonary function
- Treatment of cardiopulmonary impairment
- Assessment of treatment effectiveness
- Care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system
Diagnostic tools such as those listed below are used to assist patients with pulmonary (lung) deficiencies.
- Pulmonary function testing
- Methacholine PFT stress testing
- Tilt table stress testing
- Arterial blood gas analysis
Search Our Doctors
See if your cardiologist has privileges at Kingwood Medical Center (or find one that does). Search our doctors and schedule your appointment online: Search & Schedule