Kingwood Medical Center’s Neuroscience Program is a recipient of the American Stroke Association's Gold Plus and Target Honor Roll Elite and is stroke accredited by the DNV GL Healthcare USA, Inc.and designated as the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in northeast Houston.
Our comprehensive team includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuro-interventional radiologists, neuro-critical care intensivists and neuro nurse practitioners to care for patients suffering from but not limited to:
- Back pain caused by a range of conditions such as arthritis, stenosis, scoliosis, herniated discs or compression fractures
- Brain and spinal tumors including pituitary or metastatic tumors, acoustic neuromas, colloid cysts and many others
- Brain aneurysms, which are weakened or bulging blood vessel in the brain
- Stroke, which occurs when a blood vessel is blocked (ischemic) or is bleeding (hemorrhagic) and interrupts the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the brain
To meet with a member of our neuroscience team and discuss any of the conditions or procedures listed here, a physician referral is available. Call (800) 258-5064 for more information.
Our Neuroscience specialties include:
- Neuro Interventional Services for Stroke
- Stroke Critical Care & Rehabilitation
- Joe Niekro Foundation Partnership
View our Neurosciences Program brochure.
Combining image-guided neurosurgery with MRI capabilities, Kingwood Medical Center physicians can pinpoint the exact location of lesions in the brain. Patients with vascular malformations and tumors in the brain can benefit from pre-surgical embolization to reduce chances of bleeding during the surgery.
Our Sleep Center of Excellence offers comprehensive services by physicians board-certified in sleep medicine to patients suffering from a range of sleep disorders including obstructive sleep apnea, insomnia, excessive sleepiness, snoring, poor sleep or even night terrors. Board-certified sleep specialists monitor patients to ensure optimal testing processes for accurate diagnosis and treatment options. Learn more about Kingwood Medical Center’s Sleep Center.
Search Our Doctors
See if your neurologist has privileges at Kingwood Medical Center (or find one that does). Search our doctors and schedule your appointment online: Search & Schedule