Welcome to Kingwood Medical Center
Kingwood Medical Center has been serving the Northeast Houston, TX area for more than 20 years, including North Harris, East Montgomery and Liberty counties. As a member of the HCA hospital system, Kingwood brings advanced medical care to your neighborhood back by the resources of 165 hospitals across the United States and England.
At Kingwood Medical Center, we believe in “Patients First” and our commitment to providing patients with quality healthcare close to home has never been stronger.
State-of-the-Art Facilities & Services
Our 360-bed, acute-care hospital is located at U.S. Highway 59 North and Kingwood Drive (view map and directions). Kingwood Medical Center is home to award-winning programs that improve the care and life of our patients, including:
- Brain and Spine Center. The Brain and Spine Center has been the recipient of the TMF® Health Quality Institute award since 2007 as well as Primary Stroke Center accreditation by Joint Commission and in pursuit of Level I Stroke Center designation.). Our team continues to put patients first and provide community members with quality Neuro healthcare. The hospital is a leader in northeast Houston treating patients suffering from stroke, aneurysm and spinal injuries.
- The Cardiovascular Center. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center, we are proud of the cardiac services Kingwood Medical Center offers the community. When ‘time is muscle,’ our Interventional Cardiology Program stands strong with a door-to-balloon time that is among the best in Houston. Additionally, our Open-Heart program has grown rapidly since its inception, and in just over seven years, our cardiovascular surgeons have performed more than 800 lifesaving, open-heart surgeries at Kingwood Medical Center.
- Women’s Center. Our Women’s Center offers comprehensive services centered around the needs of you and your baby. We provide a full range of expertise from prenatal care through labor and delivery to postpartum care. Along with a Well-Baby Nursery, Kingwood Medical Center has Level II and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units on-site for our tiniest patients. If you are a mom that is considered to be a high-risk delivery, then you will be pleased to know, our new high-risk antepartum unit is designed with you in mind. We can safely and comfortably care for you at our Women and Children’s Center. Our team brought more than 2,800 babies into the world last year; become part of our family as we help you expand yours.
The Backyard Advantage
Getting help fast when you are injured or sick is always important. But in cases of heart attack, stroke, brain injury or other emergency situations, it is critical. Treatment options and outcomes for these critical situations decrease with each moment that passes before patients get help. That’s why Kingwood Medical Center was founded, and why it is committed to providing advanced medical close to home for the communities of Northeast Houston. Here are just a few of the many services you can access right in your own “backyard”:
- Seek emergency medical care – in our 24/7 Emergency Department
- Have an X-ray, CT scan or other diagnostic imaging procedure
- Receive expert orthopedic care including non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures as well as surgery and rehabilitation for muscle, joint and bone injuries and abnormalities.
For a complete list, visit our Services.